A large market to capture with green arguments
The US$ 3.56 billion probiotic ingredient market, today, derives primarily from lactobacillus, bifidobacteria and boulardii yeast.
ARCHAEA is THE NEWCOMER with several key competitive advantages:
- Already present in many higher animals
- The only heat resistant probiotic ingredient (non-spore)
- Regulates the gut pH by functioning as the main ‘hydrogen sink’
- Detoxifies by-products of bacteria fermentation
- Potent stimulant of mucosal barrier function
On the way to success
- Arkaïya has been granted strategic patents on the use of archaea in food and feed for the improvement of veterinary and human health.
- Major industrial actors are waiting on further results, mostly in term of production capabilities and cost reduction before joining the venture.
- Business Angels active in innovative biotech companies have decided to finance the new company, based on proof of concept validation in laboratory and field trials.
- Investors believe it is possible to capture a significant part of the probiotic market.
- Production in sizeable quantity will start in 2023 with aquaculture and veterinary applications.